Ross-hangs out in Central Perk with Chandler and Joey on Valentine's Day Eve. While there, he sees an attractive woman that lives in his building, Kristen. He borrowed an egg from her once and Joey suggests that he give her an egg back as a conversation starter. Ross gets a date for Valentine's Day. He and Kristen go to a sushi restaurant for dinner. They have a pretty awkward date, which only gets worse when Carol and Susan come in. Susan is called away for her job and Ross feels bad for Carol. He invites Carol to eat with him and Kristen. Kristen ends up leaving. Ross talks to Carol about getting back together because they were so good together. Carol says no, telling Ross he just needs to find a woman who likes men.
Chandler- gets roped into going on a double date with Joey on Valentine's Day Eve. Chandler's date turns out to be Janice. Joey ducks out early with his date, leaving his credit card with Chandler and Janice. Chandler takes advantage of the card, buying lots of alcohol for he and Janice. The next morning Chandler wakes to find Janice in bed with him. She thinks they're back together. Chandler is forced to break up with her on Valentine's Day. She's also brought him special candy hearts that say "Chan and Jan 4ever." Janice tells him the breakup is okay, because she knows he loves her.
Monica, Phoebe, Rachel- don't have dates for Valentine's Day. Instead, they decide to do a cleansing ritual to break the bad boyfriend cycle. They burn their ex's stuff. Rachel pours Paolo's grappa into their small fire and it gets out of control. They call the fire department and are embarrassed when the firemen know they were burning their ex-boyfriends things. They flirt with the firemen and ask them out. The firemen agree and the girls think the ritual worked. As the firemen leave the audience learns they're married.
Joey- finally gets a date with Lorraine, a girl he's been after for awhile. The only catch is, Joey has to bring someone along for Lorraine's needy friend. Joey gets Chandler to come with him and the friend turns out to be Janice. During dinner, Lorraine is all over Joey and they leave early due to the promise of slathering. Chandler is mad at being left with Janice, especially after they end up sleeping together. Joey stays with Chandler as he breaks up with Janice.
- I really like the egg thing. It's pretty sweet, I think.
- Look at all of Janice's gold jewelry!!!
Cash 4 Gold was created with her in mind.
- I didn't know Joey had a credit card! I thought Chandler always paid for everything. He'll probably end up paying for all the charges anyway, so what's the point of pretending?
- As Janice is leaving Chandler and Joey's, Monica sees her. Monica has Rachel come out and see, Joey comes home, and Monica calls Ross. What about Phoebe? She really is the last to know.
Hehehehe, I love this picture. And Rachel's pj's.
- I think Ross's thing about how much a dog ages on a cross-continental flight is witty. I'm a nerd.
- Susan is some kind of photographer, or maybe, like, an ad. executive, or something. I didn't realize they had emergencies that required pagers and needing to be at the studio at a moments notice.
- Carol is admirably sweet with Ross. I like that they're able to have a conversation about getting back together, as unrealistic as that is, without fighting or being mean.
I've always wondered if the mushroom-on-forehead thing was an accident.
- The one firefighter has, like, Rod Blagojevich hair. It's weird.
Oh. My. God.
"She'll love it. Go with the egg, my friend."
"Think it'll work.?"
"No, it's suicide. The man's got an egg." -Chandler and Joey, about Ross's egg.
"But Phoebe, you can go out with a creepy guy any night of the year. I know I do." -Monica, telling Phoebe she shouldn't go out with Roger on Valentine's Day.
"Can you stop yelling'? You're makin' me nervous, and I can't go when I'm nervous." -Joey, in the men's room with Chandler, being scolded about Janice.
"Or...or we can chant and dance around naked, you know, with sticks." -Phoebe, discussing what a cleansing ritual entails.
"She said she wants to slather my body with stuff and then lick it off. I'm not even sure what slathering is, but I definitely wanna be a part of it." -Joey, bailing on Chandler.
"The blond woman is my ex-wife, and the woman touching her is her...close personal friend." -Ross, explaining to his date who Carol and Susan are.
"Ok. All right. Now we need the semen of a righteous man."
"Ok, Pheebs, you know what, if we had that, we wouldn't be doing the ritual in the first place." -Phoebe and Rachel, during the cleansing ritual.
"And, Kristin--Kristin--does something that, funnily enough, wasn't even her major!" -Ross trying to introduce his date to Carol.
"You seek me out. Something deep in your soul calls out to me like a foghorn. Jan-ICE, Jan-ICE. You want me. You need me. You can't live without me. And you know it. You just don't know you know it." -Janice, saying good-bye.