Thursday, April 29, 2010

TOW: Phoebe's ex-Partner

Phoebe: watches a new girl play at Central Perk. Phoebe resents the new girl and the fact that the gang really seems to like her. The girl announces a new song, which is about Phoebe. It turns out that Leslie (Elizabeth Daily)is Phoebe's ex singing partner. Leslie wants to get back with Phoebe, but Phoebe isn't interested. Leslie left her to write commercial jingles and Phoebe's never forgiven her. Monica and Phoebe are hanging out at Monica's, using an Ouija board. Phoebe's pager keeps going off. Finally, Phoebe puts it in a pot and puts the pot in the oven. Leslie won't stop calling her and Phoebe doesn't want to talk to her. Leslie and Phoebe had been friends since childhood and Leslie abandoned her. After awhile, Leslie stops paging Phoebe and Phoebe gets upset. Monica tells Phoebe to go ahead and call Leslie, since she obviously wants to. Phoebe is still reluctant, though, because Leslie hurt her so badly. Leslie is in Central Perk singing, "Sticky Shoes" and Phoebe joins her. Later on, Phoebe teaches Leslie "Smelly Cat." Leslie thinks it'd be a great song for a cat litter commercial, but Phoebe says she isn't interested. They're supposed to play together in Central Perk, but Leslie is running late. She's late because she went to play "Smelly Cat" for the ad-executives she worked for. They loved it and want to use it in an ad, but Phoebe isn't interested. She gives Leslie an ultimatum, she can have "Smelly Cat," but Phoebe won't be her partner. Joey, Monica, and Phoebe watch a cat litter ad that uses "Smelly Cat." Phoebe plays Joey and Monica a new song about Leslie.

Ross and Rachel: Ross visits Rachel at work. They're supposed to go to dinner, but Rachel says she has to come back to work afterward. Mark quit and she has to pick up the slack. Ross is pretty excited that Mark is quitting, but as Mark leaves he says "see you Saturday," to Rachel. Later that night, in bed, Ross brings up Mark's comment. Rachel tells him that she and Mark are going to a fashion lecture. Ross doesn't like that she's still seeing Mark, even though they no longer work together. Rachel tells Ross that she likes spending time with Mark because he enjoys fashion. Ross says he wants to go to the lecture with her. Ross is really bored at the lecture and won't leave Rachel alone. He falls asleep and startles himself awake. When they get home from the lecture they fight about Ross falling asleep. Rachel points out that she went to boring paleontology lectures for Ross and never fell asleep. Ross finally tells her that he feels like he's losing her because he doesn't share this part of her life. Rachel tells him it's okay if he's not in every aspect of her life.

Chandler and Joey: Chandler has to go to the restroom at Central Perk. It's occupied. A woman comes out of the men's restroom. She's attractive and Chandler opts not to go to the bathroom to flirt with her. Her name is Ginger (Sherilyn Fenn). As Ginger leaves Central Perk she sees Joey. Joey attempts to hide from her. The next day, Joey comes in to Monica and Rachel's looking for Chandler. Monica and Phoebe tell Joey that Chandler is with Ginger. Joey gets upset because he knows Ginger will tell Chandler what he did. Monica and Phoebe want to know what Joey did to Ginger, but he doesn't want to tell them. They convince him to. Joey dated Ginger for awhile. They went away to a cabin for the weekend. It was going really well until they went to bed for the night. Joey woke up cold and threw another log on the fire. Only it wasn't a log. It was Ginger's artificial leg. Instead of dealing with the problem, Joey ran away. Chandler and Ginger are on a date and sharing their first kiss. Ginger's standing in a puddle and tells Chandler about her leg. Monica comes by Joey and Chandler's to borrow some milk. She talks to Chandler about Ginger, trying to find out if Chandler knows about the leg and Joey. Chandler does. He tells Monica that the fake leg sorta creeps him out and he feels bad. Joey comes out of his room and they talk about the leg burning. Ginger and Chandler have dinner at the apartment. She asks if the leg really bothers Chandler. Chandler says he's fine with it. They start kissing and Ginger unbuttons his shirt. She discovers the nubbin. It freaks her out and she leaves. Chandler has the nubbin removed, but then thinks that he's lost his comedic powers.

Monica: helps Phoebe with her problems with Leslie. She also talks to Joey and Chandler about Ginger and the fake leg.

  • I still can't get my pictures to upload. Damn it.
  • I knew Elizabeth Daily did voice work for some cartoon, but I couldn't remember which. She's the voice of Tommy Pickles from Rugrats! I'm really, really excited about that. I don't know why. She's also very Suzanne Somers from Three's Company to me.
  • Ross is really ridiculous this episode. Although, I'm highly amused by the Jurassic Parka thing. I'd probably go see that movie. Just sayin.
  • Oh, oh, Joey and the artificial leg. It makes me hurt it's so funny. They call it the "leg burning" which sounds like the title of a bad horror film. Just like Jurassic Parka.
  • I'm not a fan of Ginger. I mean, Joey throwing her leg in the fire is horrible, but she's not particularly endearing.
  • Phoebe's jingle bitch song reminds me of people I used to know. I sing it whenever I think of them. It will also be stuck in my head for the rest of the day.
  • Nubbin, we barely knew thee. You'll be sorely missed.
  • Anybody watch Will and Grace? There's that episode where Grace has the mole on her face frozen and it grows, but she dumps a guy who has six toes because it creeps her out. The nubbin thing is like that, only I kinda like the nubbin thing better. Except for when Grace talks about the tumor, "It had mini-teeth and mini-hair and when they poked it, it said 'ow.'" That's just all kinds of awesome.
  • I'm truly bothered by this, I'm not even kidding. Was Rachel a slut in high school or not? The obvious joke Chandler should've made was about Rachel being easy in high school. Let's get our stories straight, people! She either was or she wasn't!
  • The Mark jealousy stuff is coming to a head in the next two episodes. We all know what that means... "We were on a break!!!" Prepare yourselves.
Oh. My. God.
"Okay, see, see everyone else is happy she's done." -Phoebe, as customers in Central Perk applaud Leslie.

"All right listen, I have to go to the bathroom, but if the place with the big fish comes up again, I'd like to know whether that's several big fish or just one big fish." -Chandler, while Leslie and Phoebe are talking.

"This is just part of a dare devil game that I play called 'wait until the last moment before I burst and die'." -Chandler, to Gunther while waiting for the restroom.

"Y'know those are a delicacy in India." -Monica, to Phoebe after Phoebe puts the pager in the oven.

"Well, that's the best kiss I've had with anyone I've ever met in a men's room." -Chandler, to Ginger after their first kiss.

"Okay, well if I stop playing with Joey and Chandler, can I play with Mark?" -Rachel, to Ross after he asks if she really needs other friends.

"I mean, for all you know I could be a fashion...monger." -Ross, explaining to Rachel why he wants to go to the lecture.

"Y'know they say a watched pot never beeps." -Monica, to Phoebe who is waiting for her pager to go off.

"Okay, well if I was in this for the money, I'd be a millionaire by now, y'know." -Phoebe, telling Leslie she's not interested in writing jingles.

"Oh, I hate that. I once had a thing of half-and-half, stole my car." -Chandler, to Monica after she says her milk's gone bad.

"Y'know what, 100 million people went to see a movie about what I do. I wonder how many people would go see a movie called Jurassic Parka?" -Ross, making fun of Rachel's profession.

"No-no-no, a bunch of out of control jackets take over an island." -Ross, expanding his Jurassic Parka theme.

"Jingle bitch screwed me over! Go to hell jingle whore! Go to hell, go to hell, go to hell-ell-ell." -Phoebe's new song.

"Oh yes! Just had me a little nubbin-ectomy. Yep! Two nipples, no waiting."
"Wow! It's like Rachel in high school." -Chandler and Monica, after the nubbin removal.

"That was an obvious joke, and I didn't think of it. Why didn't I think of it? The source of all my powers. Oh dear God, what have I done?!" -Chandler, thinking the nubbin removal also removed his comedic ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment