Chandler, Joey, Monica, Rachel, Ross: At the beginning of the episode, Monica and Rachel are awakened early in the morning by the crowing of a rooster. The noise is coming from Chandler and Joey's; it turns out the chick is male. Monica and Rachel are not happy. Rachel comes home from shopping, shocking Ross because it's only eight in the morning. Rachel was up at six though, because of the rooster, so she had plenty of time to go out and get groceries. Monica comes home shortly after this, and Joey starts teasing her about it being her laundry day, so Monica's wearing granny panties. Monica ignores him, except to say that she's surprised the guys think they know more about Monica and Rachel, than Monica and Rachel know about them. Chandler sets out to prove her wrong by guessing that Rachel's got a half empty box of cookies in her shopping bag. He's right, but Rachel decides it doesn't count because everyone snakes while they shop. The guys say that they'll be able to guess the five remaining items in Rachel's shopping bag. They get six guess, and $10 if they guess correctly. Chandler and Joey guess all the items, though they use all six guesses. Ross is acting as referee during all this. Monica refuses to hand over the money, saying that the test was flawed, and there's no way the guys know more about them. Monica thinks there should be a better test, with personal questions, and a prize of $100 for the winner. Ross is elected to come up with the questions. Ross follows his role dutifully, even forbidding others to touch his game board. The game consists of ten questions for each team, split into various categories, like in Jeopardy. The games starts out good, with Rachel unable to do anything but yell her category choices and answers. The girls are the first to answer incorrectly, and Monica yells at Rachel for getting it wrong. The game ends up being 8 to 9, with the guys winning. The girls have one more question, which they get correct, sending the game into a lightning round. Both teams have thirty seconds to answer five questions; the team who gets the most right, wins. Monica wants to play for more money, and Chandler agrees, making the amount higher. Rachel and Joey aren't quite okay with this, especially when the amount gets higher and higher. Finally, Monica suggests that if the girls win, the guys have to give up the birds. Joey hates that idea, but Chandler's intrigued. He tells Monica if the guys win, they'll get Monica and Rachel's apartment. Rachel doesn't like this plan, but then the rooster crows and she agrees to it. The guys go first, and get four of the five questions correct. The girls end up losing, because they have no idea what Chandler does for a living. The guys start moving their stuff into Monica and Rachel's. Neither of the girls want to move, and Monica keeps trying to bet Chandler into giving her the apartment back, but Chandler refuses. Rachel thinks she and Monica aren't moving out, that it was just a game, and is shocked to see Chandler and Joey moving in. Monica tells her that they lost and have to move. Monica also blames Rachel for their loss. Rachel finally throws a huge tantrum when she sees Monica packing up all their stuff. Monica goes to win their apartment back, but comes back having lost their mattresses. They all, including Ross, get into a fight over who gets the apartment, and what's fair. They're interrupted by Phoebe announcing her pregnancy. Monica and Rachel move across the hall. While looking for trash bags, they come across a critter in a drawer. They scream. Chandler and Joey bask in their elegant living conditions.
- After three and a half years, Monica finally notices that Rachel's not a morning person. Way to use your observational skills, Monica.
- Oh, I hate being woken up that early by irritating noises. I'm sooo with Rachel on this.
- The items in the grocery bag: apples, diet soda, yogurt, scotch tape, and tortilla chips. Joey incorrectly guesses orange juice.
- The categories: Fears and Pet Peeves, Ancient History, Literature, and It's all Relative
- Little known facts: Monica hates pets dressed as humans, Chandler's scared of Michael Flatley, the Lord of the Dance guy, the Nana that died twice was named Althea, Chandler's TV Guide comes addressed to Ms. Chanandler Bong, Chandler's dad's drag show is called 'Viva Las Gaygas.'
- The girls lightning round answers: Monica was called 'big fat goalie' when she played field hockey, Rachel says her favorite movie is Dangerous Liaisons, but it's really Weekend at Bernie's, Monica once got a pencil stuck in her ear, Monica has 11 kinds of towels.
- The guys lightning round answers: Joey's favorite food is sandwiches (no, really?), Chandler was nineteen when he first touched a girl's boob, Joey had an imaginary friend named Maurice, who was a space cowboy, we have no idea what Chandler does. Transponster seems good enough for me.
- Fans of Friends Scene It should rejoice at all the random, useless information in this post.
- Ha! I love this episode!! It shouldn't be amazing that Monica and Rachel lose their apartment, but it really is.
- Yay, Phoebe's pregnant!!!
- What do Monica and Rachel find in that drawer?? My guess is, it's a cockamouse.
- So, I totally had awesome pictures, but they don't want to upload. Hate.
- Whoo! Two posts in a day!
Oh. My. God.
"It's the chick! She's...going through some changes." -Joey, explaining the rooster.
"Well, I've been up since six thanks to somebody's dumb-ass rooster." -Rachel, to Ross, about went grocery shopping so early in the morning.
"They shouldn't be living in an apartment."
"Yeah! Especially not with all of these knives and cookbooks around..." -Phoebe and Rachel, on why farm animals shouldn't live with them.
"Oh, they're just gonna, umm, look to see if my endometrial layer is thick."
"Oh, I can, uh, check that for ya." -Phoebe and Chandler, before her doctors appointment.
"Five? Okay, where am I giving birth, a hospital or a big box under the stairs?" -Phoebe, learning how many embryos are being implanted.
"Sweetie, now she's a woman, not a gum-ball machine." -Alice, to Frank suggesting the implant 200 embryos.
"The Irish Jig guy?"
"His legs flail about as if independent of his body!" -Joey and Chandler, when Joey learns that Chandler's creeped out by Michael Flatley, Lord of the Dance.
"You're taking a shot with Althea!?" -Chandler, when Joey guesses Monica and Ross' Nana's name.
"Actually, it's Ms. Chanandler Bong." -Chandler, correcting Ross and the girls about the name on his TV Guide.
"What do you have against the duck?! He doesn't make any noise!"
"Well, he gets the other one all riled up." -Joey and Rachel, after deciding both birds should go.
"Oh-oh-oh, he's a transponce--transponster!"
"THAT'S NOT EVEN A WORD!!" -Rachel and Monica, guessing what Chandler's job is.
"This is Frank and Alice's, like, only shot. Like, they are literally putting all of their eggs in my basket." -Phoebe, telling the gang about the slim chance of her becoming pregnant.
"Chanandler Bong, come on, we steal that Tv Guide every week!"
"I KNEW IT!!" -Monica and Chandler, the truth comes out.
"Hey, don't mix those up, you could really ruin that lollipop." -Monica, to Phoebe, when Frank and Alice bring her a pregnancy test and lollipop.
"MY SISTER'S HAVING MY BABY!!!" -Frank, after Phoebe learns she's pregnant.