Friday, July 23, 2010

TOW: the Recap of Season Four

Season Four is my favorite. It's the season where everything seems to coalesce, and more than half the episodes are above average. This made picking the best and worst slightly more difficult than usual. That doesn't mean there weren't any bad episodes, but even the bad was still pretty good.

The Best

The season four opener takes us back to the beach. Ross and Rachel get back together... sorta. Phoebe deals with her birth mother still being alive. Oh, and Chandler pees on Monica.

Joey ballroom dances with Treeger. That pretty much solidifies this episodes greatness. Plus, Chandler wants to quite the gym.

Chandler finally kisses Kathy. Ross plays everyone his 'sound.' Rachel tries to eat out by herself. It's really the 'sound' and Kathy that always get to me. "Electrifying."

My favorite episode ever. Chandler's in a box. That's all one needs to know to make it awesome.

Uh, Chandler and Joey switch apartments with Monica and Rachel because of a game gone bad. Awesome.

Chandler goes to Yemen, and there's 'Red Ross!!' Red Ross is great, but there's always been something about Yemen for me.

It's in London!! Hugh Laurie guest stars! Monica and Chandler hook up! Ross says the wrong name at the altar!

The Worst

This isn't an awful episode, but I don't care much about any of it. Just eh.

Only because of Joshua

Kinda boring. Lots of Joshua.

Flashback episode. Sorta unnecessary.


Best Moments






Best Quotes

"It so does NOT!" -Ross, 4.01

"It's between us and the sea, Ross!" -Joey, 4.01

"And, hey! Just so you know, it's not that common, it doesn't happen to every guy, and it is a big deal!" -Rachel, 4.01

"Speaking of volcanoes, man are they a violent igneous rock formation." -Joey, 4.03

"Oh, Maria. You can't say 'no' to her. She's like this lycra, spandex covered gym treat." -Chandler, 4.04

"Hey, Duck, is Chick here?"
"Yeah...Bunny Rabbit..." -Treeger and Chandler, 4.04.

"And what are you laughing at, Ms.-my-keg-sucking-boyfriend-is-stealing-from-me?" -Monica, 4.05

"I can cook, and you can take care of the money!"
"Yeah. Oh! It'll be like I have a wife in the fifties!" -Monica and Phoebe, 4.06

"I like it in the stern... of the boat." -Chandler, 4.07

"Over the line?! You--you're so far past the line, that you--you can't even see the line! The line is a dot to you!" -Joey, 4.07

"It's like inviting a Greek tragedy over for dinner!"
"If it was a Greek tragedy, I'd be blind in both eyes!" -Rachel and Monica, 4.08

"Fine! Judge all you want to, but married a lesbian, left a man at the altar, fell in love with a gay, ice dance, threw a girl's wooden leg in the fire, livin' in a box!" -Monica, 4.08

"The meaning of the box is threefold. One, it gives me time to think about what I did. Two, it proves how much I care about my friendship with Joey. And three, it hurts!" -Chandler, 4.08

"I don't like guys with boring jobs."
"Oh, and Ross was what, a lion tamer?" -Rachel and Chandler, 4.09

"I don't know, but Donald Trump wants his blue blazer black." -Chandler, 4.11

"I've gotta go, there's a deer just outside eating fruit from the orchard!" -Ross, Emily, and Monica, 4.14

"Red Ross!!" -Ross, 4.15

"I'm going to Yemen!" -Chandler, 4.15

"Yeah, I definitely don't like the name Ross."
"What a weird way to kick me when I'm down." -Phoebe and Ross, 4.18

"I doooo." -Rachel, 4.20

"Yeah, well, that oughta do it." -Rachel, 4.20

"LONDON, BABY!!" -Joey, 4.23/4.24

"Do you think he knew I was here?" -Monica, 4.23/4.24

"I, Ross... Take thee, Rachel." -Ross, 4.23/4.24

No comments:

Post a Comment